A little update on my application to the BSIS program...it was denied. When I first received the "not so good" news I felt pretty bad. It has been a while since I felt like that...but anyway, I emailed one of my teachers as well as the chairman of the department.
My teacher told me the feeling he had was that I should spend more time having BYU classes, just to make sure I can handle them...DUUUHHH I was accepted at this school, wasn't I? OK, Winter semester was my first semester at BYU, and my last semester before applying to the program. I have to admit that my Winter GPA as a disgrace, 2.8...but that brought my overall GPA to 3.4...since it was above 3 I thought I'd be Okay. However, the chairman told me they "glanced" at my BYU GPA and then "BAMMM", denied.
Interesting enough, today I took a look at the BSIS website and they talk about overall GPA, not BYU GPA. So I'm going there again...when you want something you have to go after it, right? If they do tell me that the information on the site is wrong, well...I guess I'll just have to apply next year because that's what I want to do...meanwhile I'll just work on my generals. Period.
My teacher told me the feeling he had was that I should spend more time having BYU classes, just to make sure I can handle them...DUUUHHH I was accepted at this school, wasn't I? OK, Winter semester was my first semester at BYU, and my last semester before applying to the program. I have to admit that my Winter GPA as a disgrace, 2.8...but that brought my overall GPA to 3.4...since it was above 3 I thought I'd be Okay. However, the chairman told me they "glanced" at my BYU GPA and then "BAMMM", denied.
Interesting enough, today I took a look at the BSIS website and they talk about overall GPA, not BYU GPA. So I'm going there again...when you want something you have to go after it, right? If they do tell me that the information on the site is wrong, well...I guess I'll just have to apply next year because that's what I want to do...meanwhile I'll just work on my generals. Period.
1 comment:
Pois é Du, as vezes demora mas a gente chega lá. Então não se desanime que vc vai conseguir e acho que vai ser até melhor pra vc no próximo ano. As vezes não vemos as bençãos e o pq das coisas até depois né e vai ver que é justamente isso que tá acontecendo no momento e a gente não sabe ainda, só o Senhor.
Beijão!
Tata.
Post a Comment